Thursday, January 20, 2011

Keep calm and carry on



Yes, KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON is what this neat typography sign says. 

It was used by the British Government in 1939 during World War II to raise the moral and strength of the British citizens when there was a threat of invasion. 

Today, this little saying is very popular, and many typography companies are making it part of their printing line. I personally like it and think about it when I am facing a challenge or when I am running out of patience. If I don't keep calm I would go bananas and also, I would probably not be so nice. 

I chose to be a mother and accepted all the challenges that motherhood brings-it is not easy being a mom (dad)-so staying calm and moving on are two important aspects in my life. Being calm allows me to think clearly and act accordingly to the situation I'm presented with. And moving on, allows me not to dwell on the bad things that happened. Many times there is not a "turn around" sign allowing us to avoid that "thing" we have to go through,  so the best we can do is do our best and learn from our experiences. Yes, it's difficult a lot of the time, but in the future we will find out that whatever we went through made us better, wiser and stronger.


 (Picture source)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...