Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What lies ahead

The year of 2010 was a wonderful year for all as a family and it was an incredible year for me with many especial events that took place and allowed me to close some chapters in my life. We as a family have several things we would like to accomplish in the years to come. We have projects and places we would like to see and also spend more quality time with those we love, and last but not least and perhaps the most import of all, to be able to continue the parenting journey as understanding, caring, patient, compassionate, loving, kind parents to our children.

When reflecting in the past year there were several things in my mind that I personally often wish I had done more, and which I plan to do more this year ,and the years to come. Some of them are:


Being more brave

Brave to try new and different things. To being able to say no with confidence and yes with acceptance.



Positivism

Leave negative thoughts behind and focus in the present and the blessings in my life.



Volunteer

YES, I can make the time. I can be selfless



Patience

This is a biggie. So I can be a better mother, wife and woman.




Prayer

Spend more time, not just before meals or bedtime but select time for bible readings



Reading

Finally I can read something I want to and not something I have to.


(images from here, and own)


“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die;  so, let us all be thankful.”
- Buddha

1 comment:

Leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...