Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Birthday party

We had Anthony's birthday party on Sunday and he had lots of fun. We had family, friends and beautiful weather to celebrate birthday number 3. This year we had a lot more kids that we usually do, and I had to come with ideas to keep them entertained. 

So I created a Face Painting station

 

We got good use out of a wagon the boys have, and had also a wagon ride station

 
We also had a station for "How to Train your Dragon" characters coloring pages, but not pictures were taken.

And we also had a pinata which the boys helped to fill with candy and some other goodies.


 

And we had the good ol' fashion array of toys for all the kids to play with. 


I decided that I wanted to make the cake this year. Last year I made David's cupcakes and they actually turned out pretty good, but I had never really made a cake, and it was a bit scary during the decorating part. I practiced before I even touched the cake. I kept it fun, colorful and easily decorated, as well as the cupcakes.



What do you think about the cake? I think it's not so bad for being my first cake- if I say so myself :) The only thing though was, that birthday boy was pretty tired and not feeling well at the time of the birthday song, so he cried when everybody was singing to him. I didn't get to take a picture of him because I was holding the cake, but I wish someone else did because I also have a picture of my third birthday crying during the birthday song.

On another note, we got him a bike as a present. He loves to see his neighbors riding their bike, and even though it will be a while before he can actually be good at it, we can practice before then. 


 

I have to be honest, I got a little nostalgic when I saw him riding the bike. I can't believe my baby is 3 already!


We want to say thank you to all that came, and those who couldn't but were with us in spirit, to help us celebrate this special occasion. I love having birthday parties for the boys -even though every year I say we are not having one. I like to see our family and friends together, and absorb some of the life and love that children carry and project everywhere they are.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...