Tuesday, May 3, 2011

One TXT

The last few days I had the honor to volunteer at Holt High School. My cousin  Rita, sent me a text saying that they were in need of a translator, so I headed out that way early Saturday morning only to find total destruction along the way. I could not believe what I was seeing! Houses completely gone, people walking around trying to gather the only belongings left or that they could find, utility crews fixing fallen power lines, police blocking some roads and redirecting traffics, volunteers tents on the side of the road with water for workers and volunteers etc. It was just unbelievable to see that this EF-4 Tornado had come right through my city and caused such an immense damage, many of it unrepairable. 

Driving along that road gave me the chills thinking that it went by so close to our house, goodness, I can barely imagine what would had happened if it had. I fell lucky I guess, but I hurt for those who weren't

I also had the opportunity to help our church Holy Spirit Catholic Church. They had were the headquarters for Hispanic victims tornado relief. So my job was to pass along very important information to all those out in the Holt area. Information that would help them out greatly, but sadly, many were very scared thinking that Immigration was going to arrest them and deported. They hid. They would only come out for supplies and disappear again. Hopefully they are fine and went to our church to receive the assistance they needed, I really do.

Please, for the few that read this blog, continue to have every tornado victim in your thoughts and prayers. If you feel like you want to help out somehow, you can always send supplies, donations, donate blood, anything that you would need if you were in the same situation.

Thank you!




"So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth" -Baha'u'llah



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...