Saturday, June 18, 2011

28



Yes, I am 28 today, but I feel a lot younger than that. To be honest sometimes I forget how old I am because I just don't care. Aging is unstoppable and I rather embrace it, instead of complain or worry about it.

I am thankful for this new year of life and the countless blessings that God has given me. I am healthy, happy and loved. I am thankful because I can see, walk, talk, think, move, jump, swim, run, dance, write, read, hear and I could go on and on. I am thankful for my life and everything that is in it.

I have been working on my bucket list, and I made a list of things I would like to do during the next year. I've been thinking about them for a while now, probably since I was in school, but didn't have the time or energy to do it. These are the ones that made the list in no particular order:

1. Go Para-sailing. Who wants to go with me?

2. Go to New Orleans

3. Make at least 5 paintings -keep them, give them or sell them- no matter the size.

4. Go somewhere with my siblings one or two days. Just the four of us.

5. Take a cooking class

6. Attend a Cursillo Movement weekend

7. Fast once a month with just juices, water and prayer

8. Run a marathon or half marathon, well, maybe just a 5k to be more realistic

9. Let my nails grow, seriously, I need to quite biting them, yikes! I know, it's embarrassing sometimes...

10. Write a note or letter to my family members, for no particular reason, just because

11. Finish the baby albums and baby books

12. Buy me a piece of jewelry, something unique and different, with a pearl on it, my birthstone

13. Make our Christmas stockings, I haven't found what I want.

14. Finish our living room gallery wall 

15. Do a gallery wall with all the kids arts and paintings

16. Volunteer 

17. Read 5 books. I already have plenty of good choices

18. See Matisyahu

19. Host a cookie-swap party during Christmas

20. Go vegetarian for at least two weeks, I did one, I bet I can do two

21. Have an art-shop day for my kids and friends' kids

22. Learn how to make key lime pie

23. Learn how to make the perfect French Toast and surprise Joe with it.

24. Learn basic Italian vocabulary

25.Get a henna tattoo

26. Donate blood

27. Watch a movie at a drive-in

28. Have our family portrait taken

I will try to do all these within the next year. And as I get them accomplished I will write about them and scratch them off the list. I better get started soon! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...