Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Big Boy Bed already?

While we were in New Orleans, my mother-in-law called us and informed us that little Dave had escaped from the crib! What? No way! Oh Yes he did!

He had been trying to escape for a few times already but I guess it never did happen. So the first night we were gone, he decided to be brave and give Gram a treat of appearing walking down the hall with Barney on arms. Tada! He had escaped. She called us and told us that she had to find out how he was doing it, so she hid in a corner in the room and watched him get out of the crib, and it was also hard to contain her laughter haha!I can't imagine her giggling and covering her mouth in the corner of the room. Simply priceless.

Once we got back he did really good that night but did try to get out of the bed. I didn't let him. He slept really good that night and the one after, but yesterday morning we were woken up by his cries. Baby boy had escaped from the crib and sleepy as he was, probably lost his balance and didn't landed correctly. And guess what we did later that day? The boys and I headed to the store and bought a bed rail. 

I have to be honest and say that I can't believe I'm about to have my two boys in big boy beds. Ahhhhh! I can't stand the though of it. But it is what it is and I will embrace the changes that life brings, because there is no way back. Fun reading nights are on the horizon, also, a bit a frustration at 10:30 pm from our part because our little ones would probably rather play than go to sleep. Together in the same room...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...