Thursday, March 1, 2012

Preserving memories

I feel like every time I write about me visiting my family in Atlanta, I begin with the same sentence, "The boys and I went to see my family in Atlanta for a couple of days" But how else should I write it? That is exactly what I did you know? The boys and I went to see my family in Atlanta for a couple of days. Ha! 

Anyway, as always it is really one of my favorite things to do, and I like it even more now that the boys like going and actually remember the visit. The last couple of years I was feeling bad because every time we went to see the family, the boys could not really connect my mom much (their grandma for goodness sake!), and they would be kinda cold to her. There is no coldness in  our family. There is lots of love and affection. But now, they love going to see her and they never want to leave. It just took time. 

We make the effort to see each other once a month and so far we are doing a good job. I also think that our commitment has a lot to do with the boys remembering and preserving the moments they spend with her. 




We are also trying to make the effort to take pictures together. Nothing like pictures and videos to have as memories of special or maybe just mundane moments. Nothing like recreating those moments in your head and trace back time. That's what it's all about, creating and preserving moments with your loved ones. The happier the better. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...