Friday, August 26, 2011

Crayola Art

I am a fan and lover of Pinterest. I love to seat and browse around looking at all the different pictures that are there. Many of our blog pictures have come from that site -what a neat idea to be able to pin your favorite images!

Anyway, one of the blogs I read often, put this project up and let us all know that the idea came from Pinterest. Why I have not seen them before? I don't know but I went back and looked at all the different kinds that people have created, and of course I had to try to make one with the boys. Here we go...

Material:

-Canvas (we used a 9x11)
-Crayons
-Hot glue
-Blow drier

Glue the crayons to the canvas, turn the blow drier in hot and low and begin to work over the crayons. 


The boys helped out too. They would get tired sometimes and they would go to play and then they would come back to work on it some more.


The crayons took a little while to begin to melt, and I think it was the fact that they were the off-brand kind, not the actual Crayola brand. They started to melt but it was sort of gooey, at first I was disappointed but towards the end I liked it. It has lots of texture and layers. The boys loved it and thought it was soooo cool ! 


What do you think? I also like how in the right bottom corner there are some splashy parts -as you can see on the picture. 

I like our end result. It is a fun, playful, happy, gooey rain of color :)



Now, I have to clean my hair drier because look how it ended...ha! 


Have a fun weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...