Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend with the monkeys

Joe was out of town with some friends for some concerts and crystal mining. The boys and I stayed and had fun together.

On Friday, we had a very long playdate to celebrate some of my Peruvians friend's independence day. All the kids played together so well, and us the moms relaxed and talked quite a lot. 

 

Saturday, I went to a dear friend's bridal shower. Her name is Angie and she is one of the sweetest and prettiest girl I know. Sadly, she'll be leaving town after her wedding :( 

My in-laws baby sat for me while I went to the shower, and they were kind enough to give me a couple of hours just for me, to later meet at mass. Believe me, I enjoyed those extra 2 hours to take a much needed nap, -THANKS TOMMY AND JULIE! - because I had gone to bed really late the night before painting the inside of some of our kitchen cabinets with a glass of wine of course ;)


Once rested and after mass, the boys and I headed over to a friends house for a little Colombian/Peruvian get together. My friend Betina made a very yummy dish that was much like some in Colombia. So good! We spent a few hours chatting with some Colombian friends whom are very very nice and kind, while the kids played in Betina's house playroom. 
We mentioned that we had to do that more often and we definitely do. I want my boys to be surrounded and learn about their mom's culture and language, because after all, they are pieces of me.

Back at home I had a glass of wine and read a book in my kindle. Very relaxing... 


Sunday morning, I made a special breakfast for my little ones,  and you can tell they loved it by their chocolate covered mouths :) Sillies!


We stayed in our pj's most of the day, but later that day we went to visit Grandad and Nana, and also had a little bit of pool time. We stayed for dinner and had a delicious meal at their home which is no surprise. She cooks amazing!

I feel like our weekend went by really fast! Today is Monday and I have a really tired husband who only slept 4 hrs after a long late drive from ATL. Hang in there love, just a few more hours! 

Have a week full of positive and kind energies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...