Monday, February 14, 2011

Detox day 5, 6 and volleyball

This weekend I completed days 5 and 6 of the four week detox plan. I am pretty convinced that I am not going to do it for 4 weeks. Even though I have not felt hungry, I do miss eating some other stuff.

Saturday was a fun day. We went to see our niece Kayla played volleyball and I have to say that she is one of the best players in her team if not the best! We got to see the grandparents, sister-in-law, brother-in-law and nephew. After this, we headed to Whole Foods to buy some of the veggies I have not been able to find at the stores in Tuscaloosa, to start my juices for detox/fast for this week. I love Whole Foods, they have so many neat things, all natural, organic products and things you can't find everywhere else. I told Joe that I could come to that store and be there all day, just browsing every single aisle and product, as a matter of fact,  I told him that we should go and have a Whole Foods date :)



Saturday Detox Menu:

-Before breakfast: cup of hot water with lemon

-Breakfast: Apple, carrot and cucumber juice

-Lunch: Broiled vegetable soup (onion, garlic, tomatoes, eggplant, red bell pepper, sun-dried tomato, herbs) with wheat-free bread

-Dinner: Pear, spinach and walnut salad from Nothing but Noodles. (I skip the blue cheese)

I did not dry-brushed my skin that night because I was too tired, I just went straight to bed. zzzzzz....

Sunday was also a good day. We went to mass in the morning, and then we went to see our niece to play volleyball again. In between games, Joe, my mother-in-law Sarah, Kielan  our nephew and I had a little soccer match and that was really really fun! Girls vs Boys. The girls also created a score celebration dance, so much fun and pretty funny too :) Boys won 6 to 5. Grrr! 

After our soccer match we went back inside to see the next volleyball game. The game was really good and a little nerve-racking because they kept scoring points and the two teams were even most of the second half. Even though our niece's team did not win the game that would had taken them to the championship, we were all very proud of her for doing such a great job as team captain and for putting so much effort and talent into the game. Go GA 5! 












On another note this was my Sunday Detox Menu:

-Before Breakfast: Cup of hot water with lemon

-Breakfast: Tropical smoothie (pineapple, papaya, almond milk, yogurt) and wheat free bread

-Lunch: Hummus with carrots, red bell peppers and celery

-Dinner: Broiled vegetable soup

-Tea



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...