Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It was almost eight

First of all, there is a mistake with the title of the last post, it was not days 5 and 6 but 6 and 7. Yes, I completed seven days, and almost eight. I really wanted to add the juices and smoothies to this week, and I did, yesterday for lunch. I made a juice with the recipe of the book I bought last week, and let me tell you, that thing was not tasty at all! It took me forever to drink it and it left a strong after flavor, perhaps because of the ginger root. As soon as I finished it, I immediately felt like I had to vomit. I felt really bad. I did not vomit though, the felling went away after a while. 


Detox Juice ingredients

-beets
-cucumber
-ginger root
-celery
-parsley
-lemon
-carrot


Later in the afternoon, I felt hungry and even more when I started making dinner, and by the time dinner was ready I made me a plate and ate it! Yes I did! What a bummer :( I really didn't enjoy it either. It seemed like my body was not prepared to receive such meal- ravioli with ground turkey- after eating so healthy for seven days. I didn't even eat that much but I felt sort of guilty for not even beginning the week I wanted to have. Oh well, I guess like Joe said "You hit the wall". Who knows what was on the other side, I would have like to know.

I guess it was not that bad for being my first time. It made me realize the importance of what we put in our bodies and how our bodies respond to it. And even though we eat pretty healthy at home, it is always necessary to clean our bodies of the bad stuff that has been accumulated throughout the years; so I am thinking that I can definitely do a seasonal detox, we'll see...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...