Friday, February 11, 2011

Detox day 4 and juicing book

I finished day four of the detox program, and I have to say that I can already tell a difference in the way I fell physically. I feel lighter and more rested. However, fighting temptation was difficult yesterday. While I was making dinner for the boys I wanted to eat the piece of chicken I was cooking, it looked SO GOOD in the skillet; but I didn't. Again, I want to do it right with not cheats.

While talking during lunch to Joe about this detox, he suggested I did it for one more week, this time introducing  juices and smoothies and I think I will; if I'm going to feel the way I'm feeling now, and what I mean by that is not hunger, then I will. 

Last night I found this book at Barnes and Noble. I'm gonna try to read it over the weekend (hopefully), if not I'll jump straight into the recipes, and exchange some of the dishes in the menu I'm currently doing for the juices and smoothies. We'll see how that goes...

On another note, this is what I ate and did yesterday:
-Before breakfast: hot cup of water with lemon

-Breakfast: Cup of yogurt with tablespoon of sunflowers

-tea

-Lunch: Chickpeas and tomato salad with goat cheese (chickpeas a.k.a garbanzo beans, tomatoes, red onion, romaine lettuce)

-tea, handful of hazelnuts

-Dinner: Stuffed Eggplant (Brown rice, eggplant, tomato, pine nuts, onion, garlic, cinnamon, tomato paste, lemon juice, black pepper)

-White peach tea

-Dry-exfoliated skin, shower, body lotion, sleep.



Have a wonderful weekend everybody!


Final note: I have no idea why some spaces between paragraphs are not showing in the last posts, I checked it, fixed it, it looks good on the draft but not on the final...who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...